Opus Multi-room System -
MCU500, WCU500's (Chrome), DZM20's, VSU500 & SRC500 Audio & Video 4 main zones + 4 sub zones
This system fully tested Opus multi room, multi entertainment system.
All you require is speakers, speaker cable and BTC/Cat5 cable. (Please contact us if you require any of these items included)
This auction is for the following Opus items:
MCU500 (master control unit) x 1
VSU500 (video switching unit) x 1
WCU500 Chrome (wall control unit) x 4
Russound Legrand A-Bus Sub Zone wall control unit with chrome bezel x 4
DZM20 (Digital Zone Amplifier Module 20 watt x 2) x 4
SRC500 (System Remote control) x 1
See below for more specific information:
The Master Control Unit is the heart of the Opus system. The MCU500 is incredibly easy to install, service and upgrade. Capable of distributing up to five audio inputs in addition to the in-built tuner and four main zones and four sub-zones simultaneously, the MCU500 will fill any home with a rich detailed sound.
A display on the front panel of the MCU500 displays radio station, frequency etc text from the built-in tuner, and enables easy tuning of the 30 station presets.
If required, six audio-loop outputs are available to connect the audio sources to existing hi-fi or AV equipment. For those with larger installation needs, an MCU link facility allows up to six MCU500s to be connected together giving a maximum distribution capability of 24 main zones and 24 sub-zones.
MCU500 Master Control Unit features:
* Incredibly reliable, easy to install and service
* Compatible with third party products
* 4 main zone outputs
* Each main zone can support an additional sub-zone
* IR learning via LRC for control of almost any brand of audio equipment
* MCU link facility for "chaining" up to six units
* Cloning port for easy programming of IR commands (for use with LRC500)
* Routed IR emitter outputs for dedicated control of source equipment
* Full IR pass-through capability for control of source equipment via wall mounted control units
* Page inputs with dedicated volume control for integrating PA and paging systems
* Alarm input with dedicated volume control for integration with intruder and fire alarms etc.
* Mute input for integration with telephone system or doorbell etc.
* Zone "active" indicator LEDs
* Expansion port for adding video switching
*Version 2.4 minimum
Opus VSU500 Video Switching Unit Module VSU 500 Version 2 V2 Silver
Designed to work with the MCU500, the VSU500 adds full video switching capability to the Opus 500 system.
Five video inputs correspond to the audio inputs on the attached MCU, and can be distributed to the 4 main zones around your home. When an audio source is selected in any zone via the wall-mounted control unit, the VSU500 automatically routes the corresponding video signal directly to the same zone.
VSU500 video switching unit features:
* Five composite video source inputs so that CD, DVD, SAT, AV1 & AV2 can be supported
* Four main zone and four sub-zone outputs for video around the home
* CCTV source input for instant connection of security systems
* Buffered loop outputs for all video source inputs for lossless signal replication
* Automatic switching to match audio source selection
Opus WCU500 Wall Control Unit Chrome Multi room Keypad controller V2.2 minimum (see image 3)
The Opus WCU500 is the classic user interface keypad for the Opus 500 multi-room system. Connection between the keypad and the DZM zone amplifier is via BTC or Cat5 cable which provides power and communications from the MCU500. Style and functionality have been combined within this intuitive keypad which features a high resolution dot matrix backlit display.
Full control of six input sources is provided by standard audio function keys, and source selection keys while the sound can be tuned to perfection using the convenient menu system. A permanent volume bar is displayed for easy viewing and adjustment.
A built-in clock/timer enables users to wake-up to their favourite radio station. The wide angle IR receiver facilitates full control by remote.
Opus has the ability to interact with third party smart solutions including lighting, curtain and blind controls such as Clipsal, Lutron and Helvar.
High-contrast backlit display showing currently selected source/radio station name
Local source selection for the connection of iPod™, Playstation™ etc.
Wide-angle infra-red receiver
Built-in clock with alarm and sleep timer
Permanent volume bar display
Convenient menu access to system functions such as bass, treble, balance and party mode
Party mode makes one keypad the 'master" and controls music source in every room
CE marked to regulations
Display - Full 10 character ASCII display with time & functional features
IR frequency ranges - 34-40Khz & 54-58Khz
Back box requirement - Either standard UK BS5733 backbox with depth of 35mm or greater(NOT INCLUDED)
Dimensions (WxHxD) - 115x115x32mm
Russound Legrand A-Bus Sub Zone wall control unit with chrome bezel (see image 4)
Full control of volume, bass, treble, balance, fader, input change
• Fully A-BUS compatible
• Powered by Cat5 interconnect cable from the master control unit (no external power supply needed)
• Built-in pre-amp output for powering external amplifiers or a powered subwoofer if required
• Direct connection to ceiling- mounted or other speakers
• Uses standard Easy-clip faceplates
• Fits standard UK 47mm back box.
Opus DZM20 Digital Zone Amplifier Module
The DZM20 from Opus is the perfect zone amplifier for locations where background music is required such as dining rooms and kitchens etc
Its extremely compact design make it particularly ideal for confined spaces such as ceiling voids and its efficient design with a power feed down the BTC1 cable from the MCU means it doesn't require local power making the perfect choice when a mains power feed isn't readily available.
Powerful 2 x 20W rms per channel amplification
Digital pre and power amp in one unit
A-BUS out for adding additional sub-zone (WCU300 required please contact me if you require WCU500 or WCU300)
No mains cable power required
Low heat generation making it suitable for installation in confined spaces
Powered via BTC1 cable from MCU
Pre-amp out for adding additional power amplifier
Balanced audio for minimal audio loss over long runs of cable
Local input for amplifying items local to that zone such as a TV or games console
Local IR output for discreet IR control of local source equipment
Power Output 20 W rms per channel (4 ohms)
S/N ratio< -80dB weighted
Cross-talk / channel separation < -85dB ïs weighted
THD Pre-amp <0.006% @ 1kHz <0.02% 20Hz 20kHz
Power-amp <0.03% @ 1kHz <0.1% 20Hz 20kHz
Frequency response 20Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
Volume control 80dB attenuation range
Tone Controls Bass +/-12dB @ 100Hz (2dB steps) Treble +/-12dB @ 10kHz (2dB steps)
Dimensions (max inc connectors) (WxDxH) 205mm x185mm x 56mm
Opus SRC500 System Remote Control Multi room
This amazing remote from Opus is housed in a solid aluminium casing and gives full access to your Opus 500 series multi-room system, while making a statement in design.
The Opus SRC500 allows you to adjust all the controls on the Opus WCU500 and WCU330 without having to get up, you can control everything from volume or bass/trebble setting to the setting for the alarm clock
Version V1.0 minimum
Fully tested prior to shipment.